Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Halted by rain

The sky threatened rain all day long. I was sure that I was being rained out for the fourth day in a row. But it seemed OK on the walk out to the parking lot after work. And then the streets were all dry in Roseville. At home I walked out to get the mail and it didn't really seem that bad.

I went in and donned my bike gear. As I opened the garage door to get my bicycle the sun came out. I threw my leg over the top tube, clipped in and started. The sun was out and it immediately started to rain. I don't ride in the rain but the sun WAS out and it wasn't really raining very hard. I rode for a bit and it stopped raining. I rode for a while and the sun went away and the sky darkened again. I started edging towards home. As I got within a mile and a half it started to rain again. As I neared home the sun came out again but it continued to rain.

So I started out in full sun, finished in full sun, and it was raining both times.

In Monday Night Football, Nantes loses 1-0 to Le Havre, falling to third place in the league. The Nantes manager said that collectively, Nantes was not as good as Le Havre. Le Havre had more frequent and more dangerous chances. Nantes returns home this Friday to play Brest.

In England, ManCity captured the first leg of the Manchester Derby, 1-0 over United. Chelsea and Liverpool drew 1-1. ManCity leads the league with 9 points, Chelsea is second on 7, ManU has only 2, already 5 points adrift of Chelsea and it is still only August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Four days in a row of being rained out in August is unthinkable-- enough to make one a little desparate and bend the rules a bit. Sunshowers do defy those rules, it seems to me. Hard core points for riding, though. SS