Wednesday, August 8, 2007

More stuff unseen in Roseville

Well, for one thing, the road kill is of completely different species. Most of the road kill I see in Roseville is racoons and squirrels. It is worth noting at this point that squirrels are vermin. The road kill in Michigan, at least to this point, seems to be exclusively opossums.

But here is something unseen in Minnesota except for at the Como Zoo: peafowl.I saw the brightly colored fellow first, which I believe is the point of that coloration. I was scrambling to get a picture of him and afraid I wouldn't when I noticed the girls hanging out further back in the clearing.
Before we got to the peabirds we stopped at Pigeon Lake. I observed that when they built this coal fired power plant that it probably seemed like just a fine location. Obviously, if they wanted to build a power plant within yards of the shore of Lake Michigan in today's political world it would have difficulties getting through the environmental review process, particularly the plant siting. But as Santini observed:
What's the deal with that blue thing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Squirrels are vermin. SS