Saturday, September 17, 2016

Until next time

I took my last Michigan ride for the year today.  I hadn't been on the inland route to PSPS yet so I tried for that.  Wind conditions were not ideal but the temperature was, it was another great day in West Michigan.

I rode up to Road Ends, the turn around point for the inland route.  For the first time in a while I was NOT facing photo restricting sun conditions.  I got right down to water's edge and got a look downstream towards that coal burning power plant.
Following this route means that PSPS is encountered shortly after the turn back, on the return trip.
Here is a look at what the fuels with attitude were selling for today.
We think the 110 octane is gas for boats.  The ethanol free is for small engines, chain saws and the like.  The others explain themselves.

I rode right past this little tableau and then circled back to take a look.
Just sitting on the edge of the pavement at the side of the road telling a tale that most of us will never know.

The sunsets have been unremarkable, tonight was a bit better.  Joe Valentinetti taught us that if you can't edit your own photos you can not get better as a photographer.  No matter how much you like the three sunset photos if you consider yourself a photographer you can pick out the best one.

I can pick out the best one but I am posting all three anyway.  I do this because there have been so few sunset photos here this time, I am just trying to get the sunset photo quotient back to a reasonable level.

The first is early, about twenty minutes before actual sunset.
Here the sun is finally  at the bottom of the cloud layer.
I went down the steps to get this one.  Joe always emphasized the importance of interfering with the image.  I wanted to get some of that dune grass in front of the sun.
We will be home tomorrow.  Special thanks to our team at home who have done in our absence the home repair that we couldn't get done before leaving and would therefore have had to tackle pretty much immediately upon re-entering our house.

We love it here but as everyone knows, there is no place like home.

2 comments:

Emily M said...

Boats need ethanol free as their fuel tanks are sometimes made of fiberglass and ethanol degrades fiberglass. Not sure about the high octane though.

Sounds like you had a marvelous trip. Perhaps Norah can come along next year.

Santini said...

Lovely photo shoot. I love the fall beach, and those sunset photos are all nice. The seed heads on the dune grass are all you need to see to know the time of year the last one was taken.

Thanks for coming.