Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Last day before the Fair

I rode again today, four days in a row for the first time this year.

In years past I have ridden much longer streaks but in years past I was much closer to my best if used by date than I am now.

But it was a good ride.  I had a guest rider and we rode pretty hard.

Starting tomorrow it will be exceedingly unwise to take a bicycle anywhere near the Fairgrounds so today was our last bicycle excursion to that particular neighborhood.

Here is today's sign that the Fair is near.
Many will be aware that people who live near the Fairgrounds often will allow cars to park on their lawns (in exchange for a significant fee, of course).  This is the first time I have seen a homeowner paint stall lines onto his back yard.

That yard is only about a block from the Snelling gate.

This fellow has another interesting bit which is not probably totally Fair related.
For purposes of the Fair I bet he also means to include Fairgoers in his admonition.

Today's photo from the Falls.
GRider.

Closer to home I came upon yet another indicator that the Fair is near.  We live only a couple of blocks from one of the Fair Park and Ride locations.
So at the end of our street the Fair people have put out a trash container so that individuals leaving the Park and Ride will be able to dispose of their food and beverage trash without dropping it into the yard of one of my neighbors.

I usually forget this but I know that tomorrow morning I will be reminded that even two blocks from the Park and Ride the street in front of my house will be parked completely full.  Just to get us in the mood today we (actually GRider) had to pick up some trash that someone had thrown down in the street in front of our house.

Here's hoping that starting tomorrow all of that trash will go into the trash barrels.

We love the Fair.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes we do. It was a great ride today.

Emily M said...

Stall lines in the grass is a new one... I guess it works? Although the grass is just going to get super torn up anyway, but to each their own.

Yay for the Fair! :-)