Monday, August 29, 2016

August returns

We had a couple of days of mid-September but today August was back.

Too hot, too humid.

I cannot ride anywhere near the Fair and this is making finding a way to the south more difficult than I expected.  Today I crossed the railroad track barrier at Lexington again.  This isn't very satisfactory but it does get me across and into the city.

Today I rode quite a long bit of the Charles Avenue bike boulevard.
This boulevard intersects the Griggs Street bikeway at, wait for it, the corner of Griggs Street and Charles Avenue.

I rode down towards the east end until I encountered the area where the big city down there recently applied oil and pebbles to its streets.

I hate those pebbles stuck to my tires by the oil.  I turned back and rode towards the west end of the boulevard until I encountered a fellow citizen exiting an apartment building parking lot by looking totally to her left and just driving right over the spot where I would have been had I not seen her coming.

I decided to head for home.

Here is today's corn report.
The harvest has begun.

And harvest doesn't seem terribly far off here either.
That particular plot of ground is the spot where the tulip bed provides such a spectacular show early in the season.  It looks like the proprietor over there has overplanted the tulip bulbs with pumpkins.

Today was too hot but I made it so I guess it was okay.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Mid September sounds good. It seems early for harvest season.

Santini said...

There appear to be cars on the bike boulevard. So I'm unclear about what bike boulevard means.

Gino said...

I suspect that painting of the "bike blvd" icon on the street may well be related to federal funding of alternative transit. Big Brother pays well for that bit of street painting.

Just my guess. I don't actually know.