Monday, December 9, 2013

Camembert tartelettes inspired by . . .

The last time I made these they were very good right out of the oven but by consensus much better the second day after the flavors had had a chance to blend.  I made tartelettes today but never intended for even a single second to consume them today, they are for tomorrow.
The young person with the blue tartelette pans did inspire me to make a couple of small changes to my recipe. I added some spinach for color mostly. I also spiced up the egg/cream combo that gets poured over the tarts before they go in the oven. The dish that I am making here is a cheese dish, not an egg dish.  It does have an egg though and when I do eggs I believe that you almost always want way more dill than you think you need. So I added some dill.

It is a small pie, baked to be eaten later.  No doubt there will be some report or another tomorrow about how they came out.

3 comments:

TOPWLH said...

I can't wait to make that report! Yum, yum, They look even more delicious in person, plus I arrived home from teaching to a delightful aroma.

Santini said...

This could be a good dish to get us through this empty cupboard in a snowstorm phase that we seem to be in here. It lends itself to tweaking, apparently. It looks very good.

BDE said...

Ok, I can now report having eaten two of the tartelettes (with a small salad and a glass of dry white wine) that they are incredibly DELICIOUS.