Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sunny warm punitive wind

That about covers it I suppose.

I found the morning light really attractive today when I was out in front to pick up the morning newspapers.
The sun is up over there on the other side of the field, still not quite up in the driveway.

In fact, the sun is up for only about the top five or so feet of the neighbor's spruce tree.

BikeSnobNYC recently declared that non-drive side is the new drive side for bicycle photography.
Fortunately for the likes of me he changed his mind before completing even the blog post where he made this declaration.

So, for now, drive side is drive side.

Lake Como, mid afternoon.

It was sunny (very pretty), about 10 degrees above average for this date (pleasantly warm) with a wind gusting to nearly 30mph from the south (punitive).

It was 70 at the cattle barn at 1:50pm.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Bicycle cycling on a windy day can be a challenge.

70 degrees must be about 10 degrees above normal. October -- what a great month for photography.

TOPWLH said...

I love the sun on the spruce tree photo and the one of Lake Como with the two people on that little spit of land going out into the lake. I always walk out there when I circumnavigate the lake.

Retired Professor said...

Non-drive side as the new drive side would have you leaning the original old drive side of the bicycle against the tree for the sake of photography. I must have missed that post. Though sometimes I get lost half way (or less) through his ramblings and wander off.