Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Paradigm shift

We had a whole series of meetings down at the plant one time where various outside facilitators enthused to us about paradigm shift.

I wonder how things are going to at the plant.

For me, a long overdue change in the weather pattern produced winds from the northwest which meant that I did NOT ride over to Minnehaha Falls today.  Instead I headed out to the northern lakes eight or ten or so lake tour.

The color is coming on slowly but every glance in any direction reveals certain evidence that the color is coming.  This is a look at Sucker Lake.
It was a very nice day as may be apparent from the photo.  Temperatures remain well above the average highs for this date (which as of today is a mere 65).

I got a bench into that photo and many shades of blue and green and some hints of yellow.

I am reasonably certain that the tree giving up there in the foreground is a cottonwood.  We, of course, have one of those in our yard which means that we are starting to see fallen leaves on the driveway.

A view of the Lake Vadnais.
New bike rack, new picnic table, lots of other newish amenities, only thing missing is the mature trees that used to be there.

We received the final documents (and the check) related to our June storm damage.  To recount, we had this much damage to our roof from the big wind storm.
We ended up springing for a complete new roof based on the belief that we were definitely on the downward spiral with that set of shingles anyway, we soon enough were going to NEED a new roof anyway.

Our insurance company, based on that, well, relatively smallish patch of lost shingles ended up reimbursing us for nearly two-thirds of the total cost of the roof.

We are calling it good.

4 comments:

Retired Professor said...

That's a pretty nice looking paradigm shift. I like the views over the water -- lovely light for mid day.

Nice bench.

You made out okay on the roof.

Santini said...

Relative to nothing at all, I made mustard chicken for supper. JB said it was delicious. I thought so myself.

Mrs Smith said...

Beautiful day to be outdoors. Have I mentioned possible retirement?
I like the Sucker lake photo.

Emily M said...

What a beautiful day to be not at the plant. This plant worker is a bit jealous. That blue sky!