Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bunch sprint

And crashes, lots of crashes.

I today relearned yet again a lesson that it seems I have to relearn several times each year. I often TRY to ride hard, trying to do a job of work. Today was a really nice day and I never really found that motivation to work. Instead today I rode like Boonen. Like Boonen after HIS crash. I ended up just finding a gear that was easy to turn and turning it. I ended up going a fair bit faster than usual.

Good reminder.

I rode out to Lake Vadnais.It was very pretty out there today.

There were very few people fishing today, I guess state employees don't fish. But on the way home I rode past the home of a former fellow employee and found that even though she was not fishing, she was, indeed, at home. I caught up on her insider's perspective on the big government news. It seems unfortunate but true that we probably made just as much progress on settling the impasse while standing there at the end of her driveway as was made by the people who actually have the capability of putting everyone back to work.

Tomorrow seems likely to produce another bunch sprint and no further progress on the budget. So it goes, so it was meant to go.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I like that boat house. I don't remember having seen it before.