Saturday, July 17, 2010

It was 90

Really?

Vinokourov?

Really?

For shame!

Today's ride was unremarkable, a familiar route on familiar streets. I did a version of the Shoreview water tower loop, a route I often follow when the weather seems a little questionable and I don't want to get too far from home. What WAS different is that the questionable weather I am usually dodging is impending rain. The sky was clear and blue today. The questionable weather was the 90 degree temperature.

I hydrated much better today. I typically arrive home from the two hour ride with only a couple of swallows of water in each of the two water bottles. Today both bottles went completely bone dry after 22 miles.

There was one aspect of the ride that was remarkable, however. I was pleased and surprised by how effortless the first ten miles were. I was just pedalling along, feeling good, little effort, going pretty fast (for me). Here is a look at my bicycle computer after I finished the two hour ride in just under two hours.I hit a bad spot around an hour and a quarter but rode through it and was feeling pretty good again by the end.

It was 90.

1 comment:

santini said...

According to Weather Underground it was 96 in Ortonville today, and 48 in Hibbing.

Nice riding.