Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2,002 miles this bike, this year

Today I ended my ride with 2,002 miles on the NEWLook this year. This qualifies me to write a review.

The fit is spot on. The ride is comfortable. It is light as a feather. Nice bike. Definitely one of the three or four nicest bikes I own.I rode into a west wind and ventured all the way to Lake of the Isles. There is a public water fountain there and it seemed like a good spot to review hydration to that point and possible needs on the return trip. And to take a picture.

Or two.

Here is a view of the lake, facing a little north of straight west. Visible on the far shore is the entrance to the channel leading to Cedar Lake.I rode quite a bit on the Greenway multi-use trail. But before I entered the trail I found a couple of streets that I usually ride when I am in Minneapolis have new pavement. So that's good. But I was so enamored of the new pavement that on the return trip I missed my turn and ended up on a street that I usually avoid because the pavement is so horrible.

But it was fun and Minneapolis is always an interesting change of pace.

Tomorrow might be a good day for a rest day.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Nice bike.

Excellent mileage. I'd say a rest day has been well earned.

WooHoo!

Retired Professor said...

TdF rest day, I get it.