Saturday, July 10, 2010

2,000 miles

I began the year with the goal of riding 4,000 miles before the snow flies. An important way station on that quest has to be 2,000 miles by the middle of the season. The middle of a seven month season comes after three and a half months, July 16. Six days ahead of deadline I have arrived.

A bit of reflection: it was really hard this year at the beginning, harder than I can ever remember it being before. I suppose there is a good reason for that. But at long last I feel fit. I know from past experience that I feel most fit when I am averaging 20 miles per calendar day. It has been 38 days since I got back from France. The total for that period is 766 miles.

At long last, I feel good.

There are three explanations that I can think of for this photo, from Vandalia and Energy Park Drive:The first is they meant to do that.

The second is quality control issues at the seed company.

My favorite is the third, someone alert Gregor Mendel, there is an experiment going on here that he should take note of.

Here is a sneak peak at things to come.

1 comment:

TOPWLH said...

Yesterday afternoon we stopped at the pictured above sweet corn stand, and I can report that it is not too early in the season for delicious sweet corn. Yay. The tomatoes and raspberries were pretty tasty also.