Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow emergency route

It is pretty windy today, the local TV reports 5 to 7 foot waves off shore and describes inland waters as choppy. This doesn't bother me much as I don't do boat. The temperature has risen to 70ish and this afternoon at least is mostly sunny.

I have heard rumors (actually I went to the WCCO weather page) of impending snow. Here is the snow or possibly some other kind of emergency route in Punta Gorda.Not much text today, mostly pictures. Anyone feel like a little sea cow pizza?It was my impression that those things are sort of protected but I could be wrong. That restaurant is also in Punta Gorda.

And here's one for Tennis Toucan.

3 comments:

The person still living here said...

Evacuation route? I don't think we have those here. Or palm trees blowing in the wind.
It stopped snowing and started melting a bit here. The sun is finally peeking out a bit. Life is good, although very quiet.
I won big in poker today.
Nice to see you in shorts.

T. Tousan said...

Isn't that a hurricane emergency route. The symbol looks like the same one the weather guys use for tornados.

It's Tousan, not Touçan.

TT

Retired Professor said...

I notice that two out of three of your photos have handrails in them, including the sea cow pizza place. I don't recall handrails on pizza joints 'up north.' Where are you? Are there a bunch of old people there?