Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Boca Grande

The rain blew through here and behind it is the cool, clear high pressure system. It wasn't warm today for Florida but it still felt pretty OK to me. The flow led to Gasparilla Island and the tiny town of Boca Grande.

This is the always popular Banyan Street.Banyan trees and only banyan trees on both sides of the street for an entire block.

This is the actual ocean (not the Charlotte Harbor) as viewed from a street end in Boca Grande.I admit that there are probably purists who would insist that it is only the Gulf of Mexico. It looks like the ocean to me.

We ventured down to the end of the island to the state park. This is the Gasparilla Island light house.And this is the Rear Range light.Apparently this one is not really a light house because that other thing is the light house. It looks like a light house to me but I live about as far from the ocean as a human being can live and still live on this planet. I am going to go ahead and accept that it is the rear range light.

5 comments:

Tennis Tousan said...

I think I've been to Banyon Street, the year we went to Disney World together. I have photos of small children with us next to those huge trees.

Unless I'm wrong. TT

Unknown said...

I feel just terrible you must put up with these conditions. Meanwhile, snow on the part of the driveway cleared with the scraper was vaporized completely and the "blowed" portion was melted spotty, indicating the sun angle is about 2 weeks from melti-librium.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BDE said...

Picture #2 is now my desktop background. Very soothing.
Thanks and see you soon.

gfr said...

TT -- It is the same Banyan Street. We should revisit it the next time you're here.