Thursday, February 4, 2010

Arizona?

I am experiencing disorientation because of the climate shift but even so I am a little surprised that I didn't notice that I have apparenttly been transported to the desert. The new park down at the end of the street has some excellent succulents, this among them.An afternoon excursion took us to the spring training home of the Tampa Bay Rays and the summer home of the Charlotte Sand Crabs. It was a beautiful day today for a ball game, if Ernie Banks had been there he would have suggested playing two.Pitchers and catchers report in about two weeks but the field looks already completely ready to go. The complex features this stadium field, four full size practice fields and and a fifth mini-field that has only an infield and a fence right behind where the shortstop would stand.

The whole sand crab episode reassured me that I am still where I think I am. I just have never heard very much about sea crustaceans out there in the Southwest.

2 comments:

T. Tousan said...

Nice ball park. TT

The person still living here said...

It is a beautiful ball park. I've never really seen a cactus I would call beautiful.