Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm always throwing hack weight

I was just sitting here watching the Winter Olympics when Wireless called to be sure that I was aware that she had sent me Ten Great Songs About Curling.

This is number 8, my favorite. You might want to give it a listen as a break from "peeling a corner guard."

By the way, for those who might not know, the post title (a line from the song) is a curler's lament, something you might say after being part of "two rinks battling an extra end", and after spending an evening "danc(ing) down the sheet to the tune of 'Hurry! Hurry Hard!'"

4 comments:

T. Tousan said...

You are correct. That is a great curling song, full of curling allusions to life situations. Sometimes I miss the action on the ice. TT

Retired Professor said...

I don't understand anybody's posts today. Sigh.

TOPWLH said...

The song is catchy (and possibly nerdy?). You must miss curling (or Wireless does).

Emily M said...

I do miss curling, although I don't miss the curling-induced lack of sleep on Wednesday nights. Fun!