Sunday, May 1, 2016

Hooray, hooray

The first of May.

I have teased this post opening many times in the past but May Day this year also featured a bicycle ride.  Which means I get to use the ditty without having to add qualifiers.

Hooray, hooray.
The first of May.
Outdoor *activiites*
Start today.

Outdoor activities that kicked off today included bicycle rides made during the month of May 2016.

By the way, in case anyone cares I hate the new keyboard that came with my new desktop.  The angle is wrong, there aren't any warning lights for capslock or numlock, etc., etc.

Never mind.

I rode out to Vadnais again but today took the reverse route.  It was a very nice ride.

Reverse Vadnais calls for a trip in the Sucker Lake part of the park up to Highway 96.  This is the creek leading into Sucker from the North Oaks lakes, viewed from the Highway 96 bridge.
The water level at all of the lakes out there seemed to me to be very high.  I was cutting through the Snail Lake swamp area when I came upon this.
I almost ignored it.  But I have been in that area on that trail plenty of times when there was more water than trail.

I took a detour and eventually rejoined the trail at the Grass Lake tunnel.  The water was very high there, I had thought I might get a light at the end of the tunnel shot.
Instead I got a there is no bicycle traffic through that tunnel shot.

It was a pretty nice day for May 1 (Hooray, hooray).  It was a good day to be riding my bicycle.

1 comment:

Santini said...

A familiar ditty.

I know Del Capslock, but am not familiar with numlock?

Nice shot of the creek. Your greenery is, well, greener than ours. I don't remember having seen that spot. I have seen that tunnel, though -- at least in blog format. Or one very much like it. Also with lots of water in it.