Friday, April 29, 2016

Ride report

There hasn't been much bicycling around here lately but today I had the time and for a change it was NOT raining.

It was cool, only about 52 when I set out but as noted many times previously, I have the gear.  Mostly east wind with a hint of north led me out towards the northern lakes.

The greening up that has occurred here really shows up at Lake Vadnais.
Pretty blue sky with only a few clouds.

I believe it is about to be Tulip Time in Holland.  This is the local tulip enthusiast's streetside tulip bed.
Careful examination might reveal that those tulips are just slightly, like a day or two past peak, particularly the yellow ones.  On the other hand the bright red and the pinks look pretty close to peak.

I didn't accumulate many miles in April but it was more than in March.  Today it just felt really good to be out there riding around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I missed our neighbors tulips. I will walk by there tomorrow. Glad you got a destination ride in.

Santini said...

Ah, Vadnais. Always a good choice when the wind is right. It still isn't as green here as when I left Minnesota. I can't explain it -- JB thinks maybe urban heat island effect, I tend to blame the lake.

I drove through some of the city's main tulip plantings yesterday -- downtown Holland and nearby streets -- and most of our tulips are still in the bud stage. Tulip time starts next weekend, so there will be plenty of them available for tourists to photograph.

No biking here yet. Maybe May will provide some opportunities.