Monday, May 2, 2016

Bare legs

I left the house this morning to visit Norah's house.  When I returned this is what I found in the cul-de-sac.
Well, I guess we will see.  There was also a guy with a concrete saw cutting out portions of the street edging that are cracked.  We got a letter from the city saying that the contractor is required to provide "driveway access" by 7pm every day.  The upside as I see it is they repave the street this year it will probably be several years until the next time the street gets chip and seal.

It looks in that photo like a pretty nice day and in fact it was.  Temperatures approached 70, I think.  It was about 62 when I headed out for a ride and I saw a couple of thermometers with readings of 66.

Winds were much calmed from recent days and again from the north.

I rode past several of the flowering trees that I have pictured in the past.  These two are along a long uphill on the transition from Hamline Avenue over to Lexington.
Here are the four flowing crabs standing in a yard corner at the top of that hill.
This is a new angle for these three, usually I have tried to show the white flowers in the center with red flowers on either side.  Today's sun angle convinced me to try a photo from this side.
I decided not to do the full Vadnais loop.  Winds were light.  I broke off the north bound leg and then continued on south past home to loop back home through the Fairgrounds.

64 at the Cattle Barn at 3:44.

Plenty nice.  I rode in shorts.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Spring has sprung -- the flowering shrub/tree season is short, but pretty. Nice photographs, I like the first one best, I think, of the huge pink tree against a blue sky.

64 is too cold for my knees. You must be just a kid.

Road construction season, in front of your house. Sounds ugly.

TOPWLH said...

Gorgeous trees and what a beautiful day for a ride.