Saturday, April 16, 2016

Feels like June

After snow flurries comes several days of sunny skies, mid-70s, and very strong winds.

Two of those three make for ideal bicycling weather and I have gotten in a couple of rides despite the extreme negative effect of the third.

I have pictured this exact plant at least three times in years past.  It is the plant if I am on my regular route to the south when this species first produces blossoms is the first of this species that I come to.  So here it is, the first flowering shrub.
It was my first opportunity for a destination ride in the other direction.

I crossed over into the really big city and was proceeding south along my preferred route (which is NOT the path along the river road) when I came across something I don't like to see.
That's what happens EVERYWHERE when the price of your real estate including what was at its moment in time a pretty nice little house in a nice neighborhood but now the price of the real estate is just barely more than the price of the unimproved lot.

You go from pretty nice little house in a nice neighborhood all the way back to unimproved lot.  In an afternoon.

The people who own that bit of real estate have a right which I support to do whatever they like with what THEY own.  I hope it doesn't ruin the neighborhood.

Never enough photos of the falls.
Very pretty day out there although the water level seems kinda low for the spring melt.

The photos are from Thursday.  I was over there again today but there were way too many of my fellow citizens in attendance to allow for a decent photograph.

Spring time.

1 comment:

Santini said...

The falls looks very different in the spring. And it does seem low for spring. We have the opposite problem -- Lake Michigan is a foot higher than it was this time last year. Not good news for beach lovers.