Friday, February 20, 2015

Brrrr

All the way up to the mid-20s today after some epic cold.  We returned from Flor-Ida on the 11th to be greeted by a warning from TCWUTH that it was cold and getting colder.  She was correct.  Finally today we have a break in the epic chill with high temperatures in the range of only about 6 degrees below average for the date.

Here's something I found recently.

Front row, left to right:  Pete sometimes known as Orlando Pete, Blind Bert, F-Wonder.
Back row: Brian sometimes known as Giant for Hire, Mungeater only very occasionally known as Cecil, Robshaw, and the Operator.
So for that member of my family who has never seen me without a moustache, there's what I looked like with a beard.

Photo taken at Langford Park, we used to meet there every Sunday morning when there was ice for some shinny.  I am going to guess 1980, possibly a year earlier or two or three years later, but right around 1980.  I am positive that it was after I got married but before Wireless was born.  Both the big kid and I are wearing Minnesota Fighting Saints souvenir jerseys.  I have the original blue and gold.  The team (and most of the rest of the league it played in) went through some financial difficulties, folded, and then reemerged.  The new Fighting Saints had the same fighting saint logo on the front of the jersey but after the bankruptcy the logo and the jersey were red and gold.

4 comments:

Santini said...

There was a time when winter was just another season.

Jimi said...

I remember those guys. I think I may have played some hockey with you, but probably before 1980. Probably before 1975. And not at Langford.

Who took the photo?

TOPWLH said...

I remember those guys, too. And the rink. I like the picture.

Gino said...

I think the photog was probably Richard the Accountant.