Friday, April 11, 2014

Two crews

It does seem awfully early in the season to be revisiting spots that I have already ridden to this spring (there, I said it, spring).  But I wanted to go by the place where I saw the street sweepers to confirm if actual sweeping was taking place.

And indeed there was.  I actually saw two completely different crews sweeping.  I took a video.

I want everyone to notice that the pesky user error issues I used to have with videos have been solved.

I rode on down to Lake Josephine, my first lake visit of the season.  This is more like what the lakes around here look like, mostly ice, probably still fairly substantial ice.
Probably unnecessary to point out that it was a really nice day out there today (yes, I said spring).

As I was circling back towards home I came across the pond behind the DOT building on Snelling.  Again, this one is really only a pond but it is already completely ice free.
Yup, golf course, and yup, there was somebody playing glof.

It maybe got to 70 again and with rain predicted for overnight I suspect that this is the last day that we will have any snow in the front yard.
For perspective it is worth noting that last Friday morning I had to run the snowblower as we had had a foot (A FOOT) of snow overnight.

I know everyone loves these as much as I do so here you go, my first attempt to take the above photo.

The little dial thing on the camera somehow got displaced from "Auto" while the camera was being replaced in my jersey pocket after taking the golf course photo.

By the way, I figured out a way to stop that really, really annoying YouTube autoplay when displaying YouTube videos on blogger. But it ain't easy. You have to edit the HTML.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I like the large version of the Lake Josephine photo. Very picturesque.

There is quite a bit of green grass on the glof course. Must be Spring.