Saturday, April 12, 2014

A no sun day

Because, first off, it is fairly obviously Saturn's day.

But additionally after some overnight rain the overcast never parted. It was about as grey as it can possible be.

It was coolish but the wind was from a new direction (mostly east) and not very punitive.  After some initial reluctance I got a late start.

See, grey.
As previously reported Como has lots of open water.  Como is a sort of kidney shaped lake and this shot is down at the south lobe of the bean.  The last stern wind we had was from the north which moved the remaining ice pack all down to this end.

It may look completely ice covered but down at the other end of the bean there was only open water.  I am going to estimate about 60 percent still iced over.

As I said I got a bit of a late start and it was cooler than any previous ride this year.  I am not usually anywhere near the Cattle Barn this late in the day.
But it is Saturn's day so the usual patterns are already disrupted.  Plus I have the gear to easily withstand 51.  Today I wore the new orange Castelli.

That arch thing has been moved up to the top of the columns.
Sunset has come and gone without any evidence in today's sky of the actual sun.

A no sun day.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Having some fun playing with the names of the days of the week, eh?

I'm liking these bigger photos, especially of the lakes. (Too lazy to click on them apparently.)

51 is plenty warm enough to ride. I ride in the 50's in Florida, where I have limited cold weather gear.