Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sprinkled on

I was getting ready to self congratulate for not having had any flat tires when suddenly I had to repair the Guest Rider's tire.  Still, that didn't seem that bad.  Today I had one of my own.

It was the best kind of flat tire though, something punctured the tire yesterday but only a slow leak.  I got home without noticing but when I went out today the slow leak had translated into completely flat.  Only on the bottom of course, but completely flat.

I had already delayed the start because of really threatening looking skies and radar weather all morning.  Stopping to fix the tire set me back even more.

If I had gotten started on time I almost certainly could have avoided this.
But I waited in the garage for long enough to eat a banana and there wasn't any more.

I rode some more and within about a mile of home discovered some pavement that was completely wet, so wet that I turned back.

I turn back for lots of pavement conditions, wet doesn't occur very often.

The season of uncertainty continues.  But July was good for the most part, lots of miles, I feel pretty fit, I feel pretty good.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Another flat? You and BDE must have ridden through the same road hazard? I hope that's the end of it.

No ride here either -- rain -- but I'm good with that. We got in a decent walk instead.