Monday, July 22, 2013

Another Finnegan day

The forecast said 30 percent chance.  It hasn't actually yet but during the time I was out it was off again on again mostly on again cloud cover.  For way more than 30 percent of the time rain seemed imminent, but eventually precipitation was limited to two separate occasions of feeling a drop.

The point of all of that is that an assessment of whether I rode or not could easily if ungrammatically be I gone again.

Particularly early in the ride the clouds were on again leaving only a hint of where the sun might be as it sorta but not really casts a shadow over the cows.
Finally at the very end of the ride it was mostly off again which seems a little out of sync as the picture I got at the end was of my favorite rain garden.  Possibly a rain garden should have at least the hint of rain somewhere in the photo.
This time it looks like conditions were sunny and bright.

There is lots going on in the garden right now but no appearance yet of the signature cardinal flowers.

I've got a new problem related to being past my prime.

I have at long last joined the ranks of sun screeners.  I mean, after all, I am out there most often in pretty much the middle of the day when the sun is strongest.  Some days it seems like the lathering up lasts longer than the actual time I am out riding but sun screen I now do do.

Several times recently I have come back from my ride, sat around for a while doing nothing much in particular and then without any warning that I am aware of my eyes start to burn.

The solution?  When I get back from riding I have an orange after which I need to wash my hands.  While I am at it I also wash my face.  Clean face, no sunscreen, eyes no longer burning.

This never happened before any time ever in my life.

Something new.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Sunscreen makes my eyes burn too. I avoid it by keeping the sunscreen application away from my eyes. It sorta works. Face washing is probably a better plan. Though it seems complicated, what with having to eat an orange first.

TOPWLH said...

Another nice photo in the Cow Series.