Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This time I really am tired

And it has nothing at all to do with my bicycle. It has to do with two very short interludes, probably totaling less than a half hour, of sleep during the just now ending period when my body expects sleep.

Instead I can report that this is our first view, just after we wrestled our bags up that stairway behind the fellow traveler. We took the RER train from the airport into the city and while the train was just fine when we got on, we had to get off through a major mass of commuting humanity. And then wrestle the bags up those steps.
And this is the view out our window.
I am seriously, seriously knackered but, as usual, determined to stick it out until at least, oh, 6pm.

6pm France time.

About 29 hours after the most recent time I got out of my own bed in Roseville.

All is well so far, we have overcome an international phone hassle and are looking to get some lunch and settle in a little

4 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Dang. That looks like Notre Dame.

Get some sleep.

Emily M said...

That is a gorgeous view of Notre Dame out the window. As if I wasn't super jealous already.

6pm France time is a totally respectable goal. Get some rest!

Jimi said...

Paris and the Cathedral of Notre Dame look beautiful. Have a great time in France. I'll be envying your adventure.

jilrubia said...

Just the other day I told my husband, I'm so exicted because you are going to France again!! It's a wonderful break in the day to read your posts. Hope you and Mrs. Smith have a lovely time!