Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19

I'm pretty sure I am not going to ride today. Actually there are two things wrong with that statement. Today is not today and I know I'm not going to ride.

I am composing this post on May 1, the day of the gale force winds. I took the first picture on May 1. Blogger posting options will let me schedule when the post will be published and I am selecting May 19.

The first picture was taken from the UofM transitway. That's the KSTP transmission tower from the less seen side. Most folks only see the tower from the University Avenue side.Also visible in the photo is the top of the "Witch's Hat" water tower in Prospect Park. I liked the juxtaposition of the tower and another item of interest.

The second picture was taken on the roof observatory deck of Galeries Lafayette. Visible in the background is a tower, the Eiffel Tower.
Also visible in the picture is Opera Garnier from the less seen side, Moohoo and TOPWLH for, well just because we were there. Most folks only see the Opera from the Avenue de l'Opera side, this side:Stay tuned, there may be more coming.

1 comment:

Emily M said...

Tricky, tricky. Not many people can blog from their trans-Atlantic flight. See you soon!