Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First of many

This picture is a little blurry but taking photographs in near darkness is a little tricky. I just got in from the first of many, the shoveling of the driveway.We didn't get as much as some predictions suggested but we have definite snow, enough snow to finally pretty much cover the grass and to pretty much guarantee that the plows will be here in the morning. It is still snowing.

Earlier in the day I had my car out to go to the grocery. When I came back into the garage I realized that I had snow on the car that was going to melt. I do not allow my bicycle to stand around in the garage when to do so would be to put its wheels into a puddle of cold water. This is it, the END. I brought LOOK1 inside, down to the basement to join this collection of really, really nice bikes.Welcome to winter in Minnesota.
Here is your fuel bill. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

3 comments:

Emily M said...

Welcome, indeed. Always a classic.

I like seeing all of those bikes lined up together. They sure are impressive.

gfr said...

GPS, I assume.

We didn't get the forecast amount of snow either, but apparently it isn't over yet. Blizzard warnings are up for later today. I take the Dutch approach to snow. God put it there, God will take it away. (And Dave, the plow guy.)

I agree that it is time to empty the garage of all nice bikes. The END is here.

Chris said...

RE: Welcome to winter, in Minnesota.
Here is your fuel bill. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Anyone remember what company created that ad? Minnegasco? NSP? I've been searching for the video of it for sometime but cannot seem to find it anywhere.

One of the greatest ads ever.