Thursday, March 22, 2007

Frozen Como

It was sunny most of the day and warmer, into the 50's. I was hoping for sun for the photo but by the time I got to the lake the overcast had moved in.


There won't be lots more days when this picture will be available. That water that you see in the lake is water in the solid form. It was a nice day but the truth is that it can get a little nippy riding when there is even a slight breeze coming off a sheet of ice.

I stopped here to adjust the brakes. The brakes on the cross bike are cantilever brakes and they have a tendency to howl. They have to be toed in to quiet them down. It is a process with some trial and error involved. This time the trial seemed to go pretty well as the brakes were quiet on the way home. I am unsure, they look toed in quite a bit which I assume would lead to excessive wear. But I have decided that excessive wear is preferable to the loud screaching every time I apply the brakes. At least for now the brakes are quiet.

No comments: