Sunday, June 7, 2020

After the tulips

If early June isn't going to be pleasant it might well be hard to find a time that is.  Today was sunny and nice, a wonderful day for early summer.

Too windy, but . . . not as windy as Auckland.

I rode over to Lake Como to check on the social distancing,   I went to the less busy side of the lake and actually everyone was doing fairly well.
Well, at least the kayakers were doing pretty well.

On the way home I swung past the tulip yard.  Here is what is now growing in the midst of the tulip wreckage.
I am not certain if those are planted deliberately or if they are a native weed.  Most of that other stuff, including some thistles and nettles, looks pretty weedy.

A nice day for a ride, no one suspected me of overheating.

4 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Nice post. I was wondering about both social distancing at Como and those flowers on Roselawn. Like minds . . .

Retired Professor said...

Ah, the Auckland rule. Nice memory. Except for the windy part.

Nice outdoor photos, I like the lake one with the kayakers social distancing.

Anonymous said...

I THINK THE FLOWERS ARE FOX GLOVE P

jilrubia said...

Wild Lupines.

Missed the bicycle content!! :)