Sunday, May 31, 2020

End of May

A few miles today.  I crossed all the way over into the bit city to the south, reaching as far as the Town and Country Club.  It was nice to see some new pavement but I went up and down more hills than I had on my previous rides this year.  Hills are hard.

But I got home OK, it was a beautiful day for a ride.  I took a sitdown on the driveway along the back side of the former Farmers Union Grain Terminal Association building, known to some by its more recent affiliation with something called TIES.
It was a very pleasant spot for a sit down, no hills.  And shade.

At home our mini-lilac is in bloom.
When we played hide and seek yesterday, Norah hid behind the pinwheel.  She pointed out to me after I spotted her that her entire head was hidden by the pinwheel.  That made it a pretty good hiding spot.  Except for the fact that the stick didn't do as good a job of hiding the rest of her.

Probably it is worth pointing out that she had to hurry in finding a hiding spot because she had to  linger near the spot where I was counting to help me get to three.  I had counted one, two, eight and she turned back from the hiding to make the correction.

"Three", she said, and waited at the corner of the garage to make sure I got it right.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

I love this story about your hide and seek game with Norah. I can picture her crouching down behind the big pinwheel. Sweet.

Thanks for the photo of the lilacs and pinwheel. I meant to take one today.

Retired Professor said...

Nice ride report, hills are hard.

Great interaction with the Granddaughter. Cute.