Monday, April 23, 2018

At long last

At this time of year the sun is high in the sky and even a record breaking April snow fall turned out to be really no match for those powerful rays.

My bicycle has been ready for a while, today it was finally dry enough (and plenty warm) for a bicycle ride.
There is still a little snow here and there at the Fairgrounds but 63F is going to make even those traces disappear in the next day or two.

The tulips are up at the tulip guy's yard but it appears that he has something else in there too, some early bloomers until the tulips are ready.
It was a beautiful day.  My bicycle fitness level was not good but it never really is on the first ride of the year.  It was hard, very hard but it was really good to be out there.

5 comments:

TOPWLH said...

I noticed the tulip guy's yard yesterday on my walk around the neighborhood. It will be fun to see what comes up each week throughout the summer and fall. I am so glad you got an April ride in finally. More to come . . .

Emily M said...

Most excellent bicycling content.

Santini said...

Crocuses, or perhaps croci.

Finally is an understatement.

BDE said...

I asked the internet of everything. Is it "crocuses" or "croci"? Most dictionaries endorse both forms was the answer.

Santini said...

BDE -- Good to know. I was to lazy (or indifferent) to ask.