Monday, May 22, 2017

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain

Seven days in a row.  Not only did it rain it almost always rained during the time when I might have tried to ride and it also rained hard.

The bicycle message boards say that you miss riding for a week you will forfeit one half of your bicycle fitness.  I didn't really have much fitness to lose but I am pretty sure I lost half of it.

So out I went, unsure of how it would go.  That meant no destination in mind, it meant just riding around.
Seven days of rain is good for the corn.  I  arrived at the field at almost the exact time that the sun did.
The clouds formed back up after that and I swear I thought it was going to rain.  But it didn't.

I got the mileage I wanted without any suffering.

But right now I am really beat.

All summer to work on it.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I'm not sure that I believe the message boards.

It's a three season sport, and spring is the hardest.