Saturday, May 27, 2017

Memorial Day Eve

For the first time the turkey I am grilling for Memorial Day is fresh, never frozen.  We hope to have a nice representation of family here on our deck tomorrow.
We are hoping it is as nice tomorrow as it is this evening.

So, anyone want to play?

Monaco Grand Prix:  Stunning qualification results, Hamilton fails to make the field.  Raikkonen captures his first pole since 2008.  I take Vettel.

Indianapolis 500:  Fastest qualifying time since the Arie Luyendyk record of 236.986 mph in 1996.  That's 1996 people, 21 years ago.  I take Scott Dixon.

World 600:  So at this point I have taken a second place qualifier on the front row and a pole sitter.  For this race I go deeper into the field and take Jimmie Johnson.

Players are invited to participate by entering your choices in the comments.  At some point I will assume that everyone who wants to play has made a choice and I will initiate a second round.

Let the fun begin.

22 comments:

Barbara said...

Ok, my first choice is Fernando Alonso

Emily M said...

Blogger ate my comment. My choices are as follows:

Kimi Raikkonen

Surprising no one, Will Power

Kyle Busch

Who's next?

Retired Professor said...

Montoya, Andreotti....Marco?

Retired Professor said...

Monaco, I will take the pole sitter.

Gino said...

Is that a selection of someone named Marco Andreotti? Or perhaps Marco Montoya? I am going to assume Marco Andretti?

Retired Professor said...

That works, is kyle Busch in the 600?

Emily M said...

To clarify, my picks are for Monaco, Indy, and Nascar in that order. :-)

Retired Professor said...

So, yes, but taken.

Gino said...

First ruling in several years by the facilitator: Emily has selected Raikkonen at 7:41. Raikkonen is the pole sitter in the Monaco Grand Prix. Attempted selection by Retired Professor at 7:59 of the Monaco pole sitter is disallowed as that racer has already been selected.

Retired Professor said...

I will stick with Indy for now, too many balls in the air



Santini said...

As the Monaco race has begun, the two leaders have been chosen by GZ and Wireless. Good picks. Are you sure Hamilton isn't in the race? Someone named Hamilton seems to be 7th at the moment.



Santini said...

Cursory searching yields little. It seems like Harvick (#4) is the pole sitter at Charlotte and has not yet been chosen. I'll go with him and his Ford. Busch is my usual pick for this race, so I will be rooting for him too.

Gino said...

Josef Newgarden

Emily M said...

Tony Kanaan

Emily M said...

BD Elvecrog chimes in with Alexander Rossi.

Santini said...

Graham Rahal

Gino said...

Juan Pablo Montoya

Matt Kenseth

Emily M said...

BD takes Ryan Hunter-Ready.

I'll take Ed Carpenter. And in the NASCAR, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Santini said...

Takuma Sato, for Indy.

Truex for the 600.

Emily M said...

It was a very nice day, thanks for having us.

And congrats to Santini on the win!

BDE said...

Yes, congratulations, Santini! Sato was often Jim's pick. My three picks were 1,2, and 3 for a while but then they all drifted back into the pack. I wish you could have been here. You would have loved seeing the babies and Adam, Kelsey and Ian. It was a beautiful day.

Santini said...

BDE -- You read my mind. I picked Sato for just that reason -- he often picked a Japanese driver as one of his picks.

It sounds like you had a great family day, carrying on a tradition that goes back decades, in one form or another.

I hope there are photos.