Monday, December 12, 2016

Snow

It didn't look like much and I knew from having been out in it during the early stages that the snow was very low moisture light in weight.  I am not the enthusiastic shoveler that I once was but I thought I could at least go out and start and see if shoveling was an option.

I ended up shoveling.  It took three shifts, but I ended up shoveling.
Today I heard that it might have been as much as the 8 inches measured in some places.  I think looking at it that it is more like 5 or 6 here.  Either way, that's more snow than I should shovel.

I vow more respect for the snow in the future.

As I was shoveling I experienced the sudden demise of some long time partners.   This pair of mittens has been my "work" mittens for a long time, I think at least 20 years.
You can tell I have used those for a long time just by noting the evidence on the surface of the leather of "wiping".

When that seam let go the sudden rush of cold air let me know immediately.

It's OK, I have two more pair in the closet.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I thought you had a snow blower. That's too much snow to be moving by hand.

Two more pair? How did that happen?

The right gear for the job makes a big difference.

Emily M said...

Respect the snow! Andy only shoveled because of the mechanical failure (temporary, we hope) of our snowblower.