Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Champion d'Automne

In France Ligue 2 has reached the mid-winter break with half of the season, 19 games of the 38 scheduled, having been played. In first place at the break and winner of the purely honorary title, Champion d'Automne (Champion of Autumn) stands FC Nantes.

FC Nantes finished the first half with a slightly disappointing away draw against lanterne rouge CS Sedan but stands comfortably on a record which includes no losses since October 5, a run of 11 games including a 6 win three draw performance in league encounters and two victories in fixtures of the season long la Coupe de France tournament, the French Cup.

FC Nantes next appearance is, in fact, a trip to Dieppe for the round of 64 in la Coupe on January 6. Its next Ligue 2 outing is a home appearance against Nîmes Olympique on January 11.

This guy can really kick.

I like the sound track, anyone know the piece or the band?

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot that I have SoundHound on my phone. You let the phone listen to the music and it tells you what it is. The song is The State of Massachusetts by Dropkick Murphys from the album The Meanest of Times.

2 comments:

Lazerquest said...

I'm pretty sure the band which supplied that song is the "Dropkick Murphy's." A cursory googling leads to a song called "State of Massachusetts."

Gino said...

Thanks Ben.

I missed you at the Pagan-Ritual-Holiday-Fest gathering down at the plant. I checked your space but I guess you weren't in that day.