Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lake Vadnais news

The one way (for cars) road across Lake Vadnais will be closed after this summer and become a route open only to bicycles and pedestrians. The Vadnais Heights city council has approved replacement of what is out there with a 12 foot wide pedestrian path.

That's bicyclist talk for sidewalk.

It's OK, during the times that I ride there aren't very many people out there anyway, walkers, drivers, bicyclists, or fishermen. This is going to have only a very slight negative effect on my riding.

I wouldn't want to be riding out there on a sunny Sunday afternoon in May or June though.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Save us from well meaning city councils.

(I am not a robot.)

Santini said...

12 feet wide is decent. It'll be slow going, weaving through the walkers on that stretch on weekends. Still.... seems quite manageable. I'd like to take that ride again sometime.