Monday, March 17, 2008

Nantes news not related to football

Le Tour de France 2008 will begin July 5 in the coastal Brittany town of Brest. Stages beginning in Brest have produced famous winners, Fausto Coppi won his last stage when the race began in Brest in 1952 and Belgian Eddy Merckx was the winner in 1974. Three stages will be contested in Bretagne this July, with Stage 3 running 195 kilometers from English Channel town Saint-Malo to Nantes in the Loire-Atlantique département of France, almost certainly finishing near this spot.This is the Château des ducs de Bretagne. It is located on the right bank of the Loire, which formerly fed its ditches. It was the residence of the Duc de Bretagne between the 13th and 16th centuries, and later served as the Breton residence of the French Monarchy.

Snow today, no bicycling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been there! With GZ and also Wireless as our guide. It would be fun to go to France for the Tour sometime and I think we will.
BB

Anonymous said...

So at least stage 3 will be fun to watch this year. SS

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Emily said...

The Tour de France is stopping in Nantes and we won't be there?!?! I'm somewhat appalled. Oh well, maybe next time...

Nice photo - I hear the restorations are now completely finished.