Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter arrives

It is here now.

I don't know if we have had the predicted 6 inches yet. It started this morning and snowed hard for a spell. But we got out and went to the hockey game without a huge amount of difficulty. The street seemed plenty fine on the way back to the garage and I stayed out and shoveled half of the driveway. It was only 3 or 4 inches but as I shoveled it resumed snowing pretty hard. By morning I am sure winter will be unmistakable. I will be bringing my good bike inside.

This photo was taken around 10am this morning only about 45 minutes after the snow began. This is through the glass door out into our back yard. The neighbor's cats are getting old and can no longer hunt as efficiently as they did when younger. The bunnies return.I just can't seem to help myself, I love this French football. Here is a headline from the English language website where I get Ligue 1 news:

Monaco v. Nice Riviera clash ends 1-1.

It had not previously occurred to me but of course, Monaco and Nice, the Cote d'Azur, the beautiful people, I wonder if Prince Albert is a fan.

And then this, also from today:

"A nightmare season continued in the French capital as a terrible defensive error from Ceara gifted Caen victory at the Parc des Princes and left PSG mired in the relegation zone after yet another shocking result."

Paris FC also played today and was held to a draw. Paris FC remains 3 points outside the promotion zone in Ligue 3 keeping alive the possibility of Paris-Saint Germain and Paris Football Club both in Ligue 2 next year.

And finally I suppose that every Daily Photo blogger in the Twin Cities area has a version of this shot on bridge theme day. I have used it before but repeat it for today's theme.Welcome to winter
In Minnesota.
Here is your fuel bill.
Ha ha ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... cute bunny. It almost looks like a black and white photo. Nice capture. "Good bike." Yes, of course. We needed to buy another one because our good bikes were too nice to ride in the messy stuff. (Long before said advice was given by FatCyclist.) Winter, indeed. SS

Emily said...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10177/10177-m/10177-m-001.mp3 - I found a link for that song. It is indeed "Ride of the Valkyries." That link is to an audio clip.

Yay for more French football. Is it wrong that I'm kind of rooting for both Paris teams to be in the same league?