Friday, December 7, 2007

Blogger fix

I haven't posted many pictures lately so maybe I should just let it go. But the Blogger picture fix turns out not to be a retrofit. Pictures being uploaded now are behaving correctly, or at least they are on other sites, but the ones which were producing a download box instead of a full size photo on this site were still broken. I went through my old posts and found that there were only three such photos so I went ahead and performed the work around for all three, editing the code to make them behave properly. It probably isn't a big deal to anyone else, but it makes me happy.

On the subject of photos I notice that the Legend has posted a photo of a friend at a Superfund site standing in front of what appears to be a tree with what I take to be a non-tree color patch of bark very visible. Hmmm.

Nantes returned to Ligue 2 action this evening at their home ground. Amiens led 1-0 at the half as a result of a 21st minute own goal scored by Nantes defender Jean-Jacques Pierre on an errant header off an Amiens corner.

In the 51st minute Nantes again scored on a header off a corner kick, but this time defender Yoann Poulard directed the ball into the Amiens net to draw Nantes even at 1-1. Youcek Sekour then scored twice, in the 60th and 77th minutes to secure the 3-1 victory. Sekour received a yellow card after his second goal and I appeal to French speakers for an explanation as the website states, "Youcef Sekour est sanctionné par Mr. Turpin pour une semelle trop appuyée." Mr. Clement Turpin is the "Arbitre", the referee. Is this another excessive celebration yellow card?

The crowd was below average for Nantes, only 18,646 were in attendance. It was the last game for this calendar year at Stade de la Beaujoire. Les Canaris reprennent la tête au général devant Le Havre qui évoluera lundi soir face à Montpellier. The Canaries retake first place in the general classification ahead of Le Havre which plays Monday night against Montpellier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the same thing with the blogger photo issue, but opted to let it go on the old posts, as no one was likely to be reading them. I'm glad it's fixed now, as I found it very annoying.

The photo with the blotchy bark was less scary to me than the photo of the humongous fungus growing from the tree right behind me. What could make a fungus grow like that? That's just not normal. SS

Emily said...

Semelle = insole/instep. Appuyee = step/press down. So... maybe he stepped on somebody's foot? It's soccer jargon and I'm not sure what the cardable offenses are, so it's kind of hard to tell. There is also a French expression "ne pas lacher d'une semelle" which means breathing down someone's neck. So he could also have been crowding someone.

Incidentally, this Sekour guy is only 19 according to the website. He's doing pretty well for himself, don't you think?