Saturday, July 11, 2020

Something completely different

Even after all this time it is still possible to try something new.

Today for I am pretty sure the very first time ever I started a ride in the rain.

Indeed, when the garage door opened there were a smattering of wet spots on the driveway.  It was at worst only a minor sprinkle, but still.

After about five times around the cul-de-sac and twice to the end of the block and back I finally set off.  I stayed very close to home never getting more than a couple of miles from my garage but I mostly managed to not repeat any streets.  I got in an hour and a half and called it good.

Here's the local rose closest to my house, only about six blocks away.
This one is a dusky rose in color (inside family humor) and is inexplicably located at the rear of this building next to the dumpster.

Someone has to make these decisions, I suppose.  Anyway, two down, eighteen to go.

3 comments:

TOPWLH said...

An hour and a half seems kind of miraculous considering the forecast and the sky and the fact that it was sprinkling when you left. Way to go.

That rose would match Emily/Norah's room/my "library/office".

Emily M said...

Pink. The rose is pink. :-)

Next to a dumpster? How odd.

Retired Professor said...

Did we never start a TRAM ride in the rain? I remember some fog, for sure.

I like the rose theme, it reminds me of a Minnesota rocks theme from a number of years ago. I assume they're all within the city limits of Roseville.

An hour and a half is a plenty long ride.