Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Nothing remarkable

TOPWLH christened today's ride shortly after I got home.  She asked how it went and when I had no immediate response she suggested, "Nothing remarkable?"  Indeed.

I did find a tiny bit of pavement within eight miles of my house that I had never ridden on before.

At park at the corner of C and Fairview I noticed a trail leading down into the park.  It was sit down time so I turned in expecting to be taken to a picnic ground or perhaps out to the softball field or tennis courts.

Nope.

About fifty feet and a dead end at a park bench.
There is a bit of interesting debris from the nearby railroad tracks.  I believe it is called a tie plate and spikes.  Just off to the right of the pictured bicycle (nice bike?) at the edge of the brush was a tent seemingly the residence of a person without a permanent home.

So I felt vaguely like I was intruding and did not linger.

I was there long enough for a couple of members of the grounds crew to come out into that tiny grassy area on rider mowers.  One of them paused his mower and inquired of me if he was making too much noise.  I didn't think so, I thought he was just doing his job.

This one is located at the craft brewery/distillery/public house located in the industrial area down in that part of town.
On at least this occasion roses are blue . . .

4 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Nice story telling, every ride's a little different. Even the unremarkable ones. That's a really interesting rose. And pot.

TOPWLH said...

I like the pot, but this is one of the garish roses IMO. Needs more blue, less orange and yellow. I can't picture that "park" where you felt you were intruding.

Retired Professor said...

Nice bike.

Anonymous said...

NICE BIKE !!!! P