Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Mindless miles

We had morning rain but by about 2pm it was mostly dry and fairly promising looking.  The radar weather site that I follow showed that the storm had passed.  The secondary weather site where I seek a written forecast suggested that the possibility of the system putting itself back together for more rain was only 15 percent.  The breeze was pretty mild so I decided to try it.

But with some ominous looking clouds hovering in the western sky I was not brave enough to get very far from home.  Days when I don't get very far can seem like pretty meaningless miles, just circles in the neighborhood, very familiar streets.  I did get to one of the roses.
It is quite well known in several different circles that this one is my favorite color.

The rose is at the front entrance of a motel in town that some may recognize as family has stayed there on occasion.

82 on the time temperature display at the insurance agency.  It definitely doesn't qualify as one of the nicest in the history of days but it was definitely a plenty nice day.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Definitely a nice rose. I just noticed the pot and scrolled back to check out the others.

Maybe mindless, but still helpful.

TOPWLH said...

Nice rose. I feel a bit like you when I walk around the same familiar streets surrounding our home. Still good exercise but not too much new to think about.