Thursday, May 3, 2018

South wind at start. north wind at finish

Which means head in wind in both directions.

*sigh*

But by starting out into the south wind I passed by a couple of things that I mentioned the other day but which I had previously failed to photograph due to user error (I forgot to bring my camera).

So here is the many times previously pictured first flowering shrub that I encountered this year, and many other years in the past.
Less than three weeks after 16 inches of snow.

This one is a different species but pretty showy.
The white flowers come first, the blossoms with some color seem to take just a bit longer.  But soon enough there will be some pink and then some darker pink and all sorts of springtime joy.

One last look though, here is the State Fair parking lot approximately across the street from the Toro building.
Even with temperatures into the 70s that pile has not quite given up yet.

I would be surprised to find anything there tomorrow though.

The garage thermometer today reports 77F.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Head wind both ways? I hate that.

The sun will win this one -- probably.