Monday, August 7, 2017

Waning

One of the very first signs of fall.

The Fair is at the very end of summer.  When they close the Fairgrounds for final Fair preparation it must be true that summer is on the wane.

Today the Fairgrounds are closed.
I rode past the site of last week's gas explosion.  It is right on my regular route to Minnehaha Falls.
There was a TV crew on site, interviewing some of the onlookers  I guess even at this point well after the event it still has some news value.

Here is the Falls from down at the end of the main gorge.
It was a pretty day out, a nice day for a ride.

I rode the full distance.

2 comments:

Grider said...

Excellent post and I bet a very nice ride.

Santini said...


I remember when Kelsey used to say "It's still June" as her family packed up to head home from an August vacation in Michigan. The summer seems to have flown by more quickly than usual this year.

Nice photo of the falls, as usual. It still looks summer-ish. Also, that seems like a lot of water flowing for this time of year.