Sunday, October 18, 2015

Out and about

Funny how a day that a couple of weeks ago probably would have seemed a little too chilly for a ride seemed just right today.

Sunny but windy, 59 at the Cattle Barn.

The Cattle Barn is relevant here today as the Beef Expo is winding up.  Friday afternoon a cow escaped and eventually police had to euthanize the beast.  Not making it up.

The TV coverage is precious.

Expect plenty more of these before I am done for the season.
Car2Go for perspective.

Here's something I had not noticed. There used to be a pretty pricey bicycle shop here.
That was World Cycling Productions.  When I first visited there several years ago the show room featured about 35 Colnago frames.

They used to have a warehouse sale in late spring, I have bought plenty of stuff there.

But not any more.

To get there I had to ride through DeadMan's Curve.
The road is still officially closed but I am able to report that it is now bicycle passable.  The pavement at both ends of the bridge is in, the sidewalks have been replaced.  It is still necessary to ride across a 30 or so foot wide patch of dirt but the dirt is hard packed, totally doable, even on a road bike.

With that road reopened it now becomes possible again to ride to the big city, perhaps even over to the Falls.  Which we may well do tomorrow when temperature predictions indicate a return to early September like temperatures.  You know, the kind where you do NOT have to wear long pants and full finger gloves in order to ride.

4 comments:

Santini said...

Both links took me to the same spot. And really, they had to shoot it? Nobody had a piece of rope or something?

The tree has entered into the spirit of the season. Lovely. The blue sky and sunshine help a lot.

I rode today in long pants and full fingered gloves, and enjoyed it greatly. It's my kind of weather.

Nice photos.

Gino said...

Fixed. User error.

BDE said...

Excellent, informative (and weird) post. Looking forward to a bike ride tomorrow.

Emily M said...

I enjoy the Car2Go for scale. Also, I agree with Santini - they really had to shoot it? A cow?