Friday, January 24, 2014

Pink flamingo redux

I don't even remember being in Florida recently but I do know that the family outpost in Florida does return forgotten items to recent guests using Priority Mail.  Despite me personally not having any recollection of having been outside the polar vortex I assumed that today's mail must have been the arrival from Floridia of my forgotten, oh, I don't know, flash drive?
Well, particularly nasty weather!!  But that's a completely different story.

Apparently my December posting entitled Pink Flamingo which did not actually feature any flamingo, pink or otherwise, rippled through the universe creating waves which have finally pounded back onto these ice encrusted shores.
It's a really swell pink flamingo and I think it goes well with our really, really cheesy Florida souvenir from back in the days when I was seriously into cheesy souvenirs.

We are torn between visions of the pink flamingo actually on the Christmas tree or perhaps as a new character for the small "c" catholic nativity scene which is a part of our annual pagan winter holiday celebration.

It will be much closer to the next appearance of the winter solstice before we are able to divine the true path.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Only time will tell how or if it will be used. I did my part. The topic of pink flamingos came up a few times last month, most notably in your post with that same title. Flamingos were also featured in my December 20th post (where I believe the topic originated.) A careful scrutiny of the comment section of that post will reveal where the original stone was dropped in the pond. In English, it was Wireless' idea. And the COTU and I had some fun finding it. Not too hard here, maybe harder where you live.

Emily M said...

I saw it in person today. I heartily approve.