Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Two miles in eight degrees

In an effort to keep my metabolism from slowing to a complete crawl and in anticipation of the need in late spring for some walking fitness I have recently embarked on a REGULAR walking routine. Today at the warmest time of the day just after 1:30pm I walked two miles in eight degrees.

Cold.

But it reminded me of this.

Jorma is really good and Grace is, as always, Grace. And look at all the hippies!

I have always liked the live version of that song more than the Surrealistic Pillow original. But by far the best live version is the one on Bless Its Pointed Little Head.

Plus on Pointed Little Head you get the end of the original King Kong.

The airplanes have done it.
Ah no, it wasn't the airplanes.
It was beauty killed the beast.

Anyway, it reminded me that 3/5 of a mile in 10 seconds is 216 miles per hour and that at that rate I could have covered my two mile walk in about 33 seconds. Instead the walk took a bit longer than that and it was COLD.

2 comments:

gfr said...

Too d*mn cold. 8 degrees. That's absolute zero, I think.

Unknown said...

I think they had too many vitamins for this particular performance.