Monday, January 18, 2010

Closing a circle

Today my brother and I were at the County Road U bridge over the Yellow River as we participated in the closing of a circle. It was a beautiful day in northwestern Wisconsin and I remarked to my brother that I was sorry I had not brought a camera. But I realized that I had brought my cell phone and it does have a sort of camera. After all of the ceremonies were completed we went back to the bridge and I got a couple of photos. Here is the view downstream towards Danbury, north in this case, Anderson family farm on the right bank.Here is a picture my brother recently posted of our Mother photographed at the same spot in, by his estimate, 1929.Here is a photo of the same spot looking upstream towards Yellow Lake, Anderson family farm on the left bank.We were both very pleased to be able to be there today. It meant a lot to us and to all of our cousins to be together again at least this one more time.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Really, really nice pictures. It looks like a cold and beautiful day in Burnett county. Appropriate. Thanks for representing our branch of the family at the funeral. Anita -- and perhaps others -- always does that particular count. Someone there from Lillie's kids, Leona's, Marvin's, Louise's, Dorothy's, Marian's.

Emily M said...

Excellent photos.