Thursday, February 26, 2009

End of a series

This has certainly sparked a free flow of information! I must admit I had not even considered the whole "they mean to win Wimbledon" angle. Troubling to say the least. I now have a heightened awareness of thought screen helmets and lots of good information for obtaining the materials for the helmet as well as tips for making a helmet which will be effective (removal of helmet before application of the awl seems especially good advice). The information strikes me as so valuable that I have decided to reprint excerpts:

1. Prepare for a fight.

2. Have a locked cabinet.

3. Make the helmet quickly.

4. Secure the helmet with tape or string.

5. Don't be lured out of your current location by the aliens.

6. Make small holes in top for hot climates.

7. Wear the helmet as often as possible.

I like number 4, secure the helmet with almost any kind of tape or string wrapped around the helmet several times to prevent the aliens from removing the helmet if they manage to get close to you.

I am guessing this is a use for duct tape that didn't make it into those 1,000 uses for duct tape books that sold so well around Christmas time a couple of years ago.

Here is the final picture, the last image I was able to capture of the horde before they reboarded the mothership and disappeared from view:My title for this last one is: "General Meade arrives at Taneytown Road".

Thank you all for participating, this has been a reminder of how much fun this can be sometimes. Bicycling will be resuming shortly and the return of two wheeling means the return to active status of Gzmoohoo.

Special thanks to Marz, the last previous custodian of the alien horde (and the radio transponder) before they began mysteriously appearing on our bookcase. Visit his website, listen to SkyCarp music. The music is free, music wants to be free, and remember always that art is hard work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL It has been fun. I too, thought the whole side bar on Wimby was highly entertaining. And the descriptions for air conditioning the helmet provided by Jilrubia of the sand plains were hilarious. I was very appreciative of that particular attention to detail.

Given that you are currently under a winter storm warning, your optimism on the return of bicycling to the tundra is heartening. Especially since I will be returning to the snow belt myself, relatively soon.

Good-bye, and thanks for all the fish.

Anonymous said...

General Meade is looking quite sporty.

It was a nice run, and well worth the work to get to the art.

TT